Wednesday 6 August 2014

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy

Source
Last night I convinced the BF to go to the movies with me. I've been dying to see Guardians of the Galaxy since it came out and we were supposed to go on Friday, but ended up not going, so last night was it (plus Tuesday nights are cheaper). We arrived right at the showtime (we were delayed because we had to eat ice cream first) and unfortunately, it was sold out. However, I convinced BF to wait 40 minutes until the next show and we are both so glad  we did. This movie was awesome!

Source

I really enjoyed this movie. First, I'm a big fan of Chris Pratt. He is adorable in Parks and Recreation and he was really great in Guardians. Starlord is a funny character and I think Chris Pratt did a great job. I loved all the main characters. Gomora (Zoe Saldana) had all kinds of things to prove and was pretty tough, but also kind, as we saw with her interactions with her crazy-ass sister Nebula (Karen Gillian!). Drax (Dave Bautista was cute for a hell-bent-on-revenge kind of guy. Rocket (voice by Bradley Cooper) was so funny, he came close to stealing the show I think. But my favourite was Groot (voice by Vin Diesel). Groot was adorable and I just loved him so much! Best Vin Diesel character ever!

Source
Also, great villain in Ronan the Accuser. He was great and scary with his creepy face paint and I really wanted our heroes to succeed against him. I also enjoyed Karen Gillian's portrayal of Nebula. It's the first role I've seen her in since her days as Amy Pond and it was a nice chance to see her play something completely different.
Source
The one thing I didn't expect were the feels! I was crying within two minutes! What kind of movie is this!? I didn't go into this movie expecting to cry (twice), but there you have it.

Seriously, one of my favourite Marvel films so far!

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I cried too! Twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried at the end with Groot. I've seen the film twice and I still cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved a lot of the quotes in the movie. Favorite would have to be Rocket's "I'm standing too. Now we're all standing. We're 5 jackasses standing in a circle."

    ReplyDelete