Tuesday 25 August 2015

Exciting Days Ahead

I've always been a competitive person and I like to set goals for myself, then reach them. That's why I've decided to really push myself out of my comfort zone.

I've signed up for my very first cosplay competition! Yep, I registered as a competitor at Edmonton Expo next month, where I will be cosplaying Jafar. I'm still very new to cosplay, but I figured what's the worst that could happen? I'm only entering in novice, but I've seen novice competitors at Calgary Expo that were insanely talented, so who knows.



The other crazy part? I'm not done my costume. Not even close! I have muslin created for the robe, but am waiting for my fabric to arrive. I have a start on the staff, but a long way to go on that. I haven't even started the shoe covers, undershirt and turban. Not to mention researching the best way to give myself a goatee.

But I still have almost exactly one month, so I should be fine.

But this also means I'll be starting up with WIP Wednesdays for the next 5 weeks while I create a competition worthy costume. Wish me luck!

Source
PS: They've announced a couple exciting guests. Stan Lee (who canceled from Calgary Expo this year) and Jenna Coleman from Doctor Who!

1 comment: